Wednesday, December 23, 2009

William Albert




Dear Dad
On the 11th day of Christmas, my father gave to me, eleven traits that unknowingly came from him.

I regret to say for a long time, I didn't really know you. But as it came to be, I am so happy that you are such a big, and special, part of my life now. Here is 11 things that definitely came from you, most I wasn't sure of until we became closer:
  1. intelligence

  2. shyness

  3. ability to fake an outgoing personality

  4. sensitivity

  5. bark worse than our bite

  6. straight forward/straight shooter

  7. hard worker (although arguably that came from everyone)

  8. wrong person to back into a corner

  9. silly singing and dancing (also arguable from several people)

  10. tendency to talk over people when we're excited

  11. big calves

There is no doubt in my mind that there are many, many more things we have in common, but, you know, I'm trying to keep a theme up here. Still, as time goes on, I find that we share more and more in our basic personalities and other things than I ever imagined.

I can't tell you how much it means to me that we are closer now. I know the family history is complicated, but I am glad that we could finally get passed things neither one of us could control. And strange enough, but as time goes on, I feel like we get even better at this father-daughter thing. Thank you for all you have helped me with over the past [almost three] years now. You have talked to me when I'm upset, helped make ends meet when things are tough, and just been an all around great dad. Especially if you consider how far away we live from each other.

I hate that we had to cut the New York trip, but the important thing is that we get the chance to see each other over the holidays. And hopefully, soon Casey and I can make the trip to see you. We both just have the worst schedules ever. Anyways, I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I have never seen you as happy as you are lately. It really is great to see, and I hope that your happiness only grows and continues on through out the years.

I know I'm not going to see you on Christmas Day, but I think what you are doing is very sweet and speaks to the very kind person you are. I'm sure that when you're surrounded by good and loving company, you will have a very Merry Christmas, but just remember you have a whole family in Georgia missing and loving you. Keep in touch about when you are able to get into town, and I am so excited to see you.

Love Always,

Cee

No comments:

Post a Comment