Monday, December 14, 2009

Sarah




To Sarah






Shame on us. We don't even live that far from each other, but I never see you. Sadly, I might see you the least. So even though it isn't quite New Year's yet, I proclaim it is time for a resolution to make time for seeing each other.

Outside of that little blip, I hope that all in your life is well right now. Normally, I hear from people when something is wrong, so though it might be kind of lonely, I can comfort myself with the fact that most likely everything is going well.

It's always intimidating to me when I write you, but mostly because I know you are such a good damn writer. But today, I write not to impress, but to celebrate. Today, I write to celebrate somewhere in the ballpark of a 12 year friendship. Meaning that 12-year-olds are the age we were when we became friends, and all I can do is hope that they raise as much hell as we did.

As I have said before, while I love to reminisce, what I want now is the chance to create new memories. I can't wait to grow old with you and all our friends (Except for the old part). I think we will make a hell of a Pinochle team, or beer pong champion team...if so I will cheer you all on the best I can.

So many changes have occurred throughout our friendship. We have grown in countless ways and we have only just begun. I just love the person you are. Sarah, you just exude this great energy, like you are at peace with yourself and your place in the world. And that's no small feat. Many days I'm not at peace with anything, let along who I am.

My Christmas wish for you is that you follow your dreams, no matter what those dreams may be. I know at one point you wanted to leave the country and work in Europe. Well, my wish is that you make that dream come true. You are so full of talent that it blows my mind. I can't wait to be the one you share your many achievements with. As a fellow writer, I know that we need other people to read our work, almost as much as we need to write it. This need is just inside us, and there isn't much we can do about it.

Outside of talent, you are one of the warmest, kindest, and most giving people I know (a credit to the female race if you will). It is who you are and who you have always been. No matter where you are or what you do, you are going to shine Sarah. You have no choice because this is your fate.

May you and all your loved ones enjoy a Merry Christmas. I love you with all my heart and I will see you at the Christmas exchange next year.

Love,

Salina

*Congratulations again on becoming an aunt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment