Monday, December 14, 2009

To Sylvia

Sibby Sue
First, may I congratulate you on becoming an aunt and an extended congratulations to your future niece or nephew who will undoubtedly be the luckiest little one I know. Please tell your sister and Kirk how happy I am for them. I'm sure the world will rarely see two people make that good of parents.
Where should I start Sylvia? You are so many wonderful things, and it is amazing that one person can be so great. Your quirky sense of humor, kind heart, and great dance moves make you close to the perfect woman. Anytime I am in my car jammin' out, there is no one I would rather be with. Sometimes it would be more mellow like listening to Staind out in front of Marcus's house, and sometimes we would tear it up with Three 6; you as Juicy J, me as Gangsta Boo?
But I am tired of talking about memories and am excited to make new ones as each of us venture further into our adult lives. I can't wait to write you, congratulating you on your 3rd grandchild, your retirement, or your cross country trip with your future husband in a Winnebago. I have no doubt that you will continue to succeed in whatever avenue you pursue, and I will be one of your biggest fans (Even if you did cross out my 2nd grade picture).
On a more serious note, I hesitate to put this out here like this, but I am sorry for ever hurting you. There are many things I regret, but none as much as hurting you. Even though I am better now, I will never forget the wrongs I did. I thank you for having the kind of heart that is capable of forgiving someone others may not have. I promise to never be that person again. You have always been a true friend, and I admire and respect you for that.
So today, while I am still a poor college student, I want to give you the gift of friendship. I wish you and all your loved ones a very Merry Christmas. When we have little money we tend to remember the reason for the season better, and one of those reasons is love. I love you Sylvia, and can't wait to see you for our Christmas gift exchange!
Salina

No comments:

Post a Comment