Friday, December 25, 2009

To My One True Love








Casey







On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, everything I will ever need...by just being exactly who he is.

On the final and twelfth day of Christmas I am breaking my pattern of numbers because I just can't find a number to define what you mean to me. It is hard to believe we have known each other for nearly five years now. I can't tell you in words how much you add to my life. The last years have been some of the happiest in my life, and I owe quite a bit of that feeling to you.

And how lucky do I feel that you are not only my love, but you are my companion and my best friend too. How can I thank you for the things you do for me on a daily basis? I suppose I could start by telling you...

I thank you for being there for me when I fall apart, and for being there to build me back up again. I thank you for always believing in me, when I never have known how. Thank you for helping me financially as I try to make it to graduation. My hope is that I can return the favor when I am steady on my feet. Thank you for cooking for me all the time, buying us dinner when we are both exhausted, and constantly bringing us home little treats for our unquenchable sweet tooth. Most of all, I think you for your constant consideration. My whole life I had been taught that men are inconsiderate, but you changed that.

I hate to sound cliche, but they broke the mold when they made you. You are everything I ever wanted and more. In so many ways you have changed my life and gave me strength I had long ago forgotten about. I love the way you know what I'm thinking just my looking at my face or by hearing the sound of my voice. I love the way you know me so well. Most of all, I love the way we love each other.

And no matter how tough things get from time to time, know that we always have one another. I know that's what gets me through as I struggle to meet my goals. I know that no matter how horrible my day is, no matter how much school kicks my ass, no matter how crappy customers at work treat me, I have a sweet, gentle, and loving person to come home to, and that is the greatest Christmas gift I could ever receive!

All My Love,
Salina

No comments:

Post a Comment