Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sheldon




Dear Sheldon


On the 8th day of Christmas, my cousin gave to me, eight bruises accidentally.



This is quite a true statement by the way. In every sense of the word, you have always been Bam-Bam. From the time you were two, and nearly gave me a concussion, to now when you hug me and almost break me in two. But that's okay because your like over 6 feet tall, and you've practically outgrew me by the time you were four.

But despite all the bruises I have accumulated over the years, I want you to know that you are a wonderful cousin. I actually look at you and Holden as more like my nephew's because of the age difference...I mean what age difference? I'm only 19 you know.

Seriously though, thank you for always putting up with me being at your house when I was younger and always having these "serious" chats with your mom, and then kicking you out of the room. Thank you for always doing just about whatever I ask and of course always making me feel right at home when I come over. If that's not a good cousin, then I ask, what is?

And of course, there is just the person, almost a man, that you have grown into. You are genuinely sweet (definitely didn't get that from me), and not just with people you like, but everybody. I mean I have watched you help random strangers with packages, hold open doors, etc. I mean that kind of stuff ended way before my generation, so it is good to see someone still be so kind and respectful to others...without money even.

Of course all you have accomplished academically is amazing. I can't believe your in college. All I ask is that you not graduate before me...please. Don't shame me. Really I am 87 percent kidding, and 67 percent okay with you graduating before me. I wish you good luck in all your future endeavours, but clearly with brains like yours, you don't even need luck.

Finally, this is important. It is from me to you, cousin to cousin, and straight from the heart. Enjoy your life! You only get one, and you're young. Don't waste it all behind a desk or on a computer. I will add to not necessarily have as much fun as some of us (aka me), but relax! You have got plenty of time, and you won't be young forever. Those bills and all that other yucky adult crap sneaks up on you faster than you realize. In the end, life is about more than just school, careers, and money. It's also about friends, family, and fun!

Anyway, I miss you and I will see you on Christmas. Until then have a great winter break!

Love,

Salina





No comments:

Post a Comment