Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fall Fashion


Every summer is the "hottest year on record", but today I proclaim that it must come to an end. I'm tired of endless shaving and sweating and sweating and shaving. Go away over 100 percent humidity, you're ruining my hair. Disappear endless UV sun rays damaging my skin. I long for the more temperate times of fall and the new fashion it brings. So goodbye bright summer colors; you look ridiculous on my paleness anyways.


Summer Summer, Go Away: An ode to fall fashion


Oh glorious fall, how I love thee.
Your golden and crimson leaves-
Will match perfectly with this season's palette
of stylish red dresses and neutral colors.


Splashes of grey and clumps of camel
will adorn the masses-
A perfect ornament
to the silhouette of autumn's warm glow.


The sounds of crunching leaves beneath my nude kitten heels-
and the wind sweeping around my below-the-knee hemline
is just what the doctor ordered
to kick my summer time blues.
###














No comments:

Post a Comment